Non-commercial Mapping Sites
- U.S. Geological Survey pages:
- Tapestry Project displays an interactive geologic map of North America in full color. Wait until the whole site loads before moving your cursor over the map to click on brief links about each geological feature described.
- Mapping Applications Online provides U.S. map and orthoquadrangle information. Great stuff if it loads and you know what you want.
Maps on Demand provides a state by state list of online map products.
- Surface Water site maps stream gage readings now and from the past gives a new meaning to the term "streaming video."
- Geological Societies with map resources and links:
- Other non-commercial mapping sites:
Commercial Map Sites
- Interactive topographic maps for anywhere in the United States from Topozone.com.
- Raven Maps has interesting map products for educators and scientists.
- Maps Worldwide has ordnance maps of England, other European and Rail maps, as well as hard to find map products for the rest of the world, including the U.S.
- Crystal Productions specializes in classroom posters, slide sets, video, cd-rom, stereos and other teaching tools.
- ESRI map company site provides interesting demos and fascinating uses of GIS technology.
- Brunton Compasses is a graphic and .mpg heavy site, not for the phone loader. The company is developing GIS tools for geological mapping as well as continually improving the classic Brunton compass.
- Hammond Map Company. Online catalog for maps, books and more.
- GeoGraphics for oil and gas prospecting.
- STRATA freeware for analyzing classic stratigraphic problems in carbonate and clastic sedimentary deposition.
- GeoPlus Corporation. PETRA(r) software: cross-sections, mapping, well logs, data and database software.