Appearances for "Frogs: Inside their Remarkable World"
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:00 p.m. -- Southern Humboldt Garden Club -- Weott Christian Church (uphill at the Weott 101 exit) -- Contact: Barbara Kennedy
Monday, April 10, 2006 Noon -- PEO Meeting, Eureka, CA -- Contact: Carol Hale
March 8, 2006 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. Fortuna Library Day -- River Lodge, Fortuna, CA
February 8, 2006 6:45 a.m. -- Fortuna Sunrise Rotary Club -- Fortuna, CA
January 26, 2006 Noon -- Mad River Rotary Club -- McKinleyville, CA
January 19, 2006 11 a.m. -- Humboldt Garden Club District Meeting - Weott, CA
January 11, 2005 7:30 p.m. -- McKinleyville Garden Club -- McKinleyville, CA
December 3, 2005 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. -- Book signing "Arts Alive!" --
Strictly for the Birds -- Eureka, CA
November 16, 2005 8:00 a.m. -- Eel River Soroptomists -- Fortuna, CA
November 9, 2005 1:30 p.m. -- Fortuna Garden Club -- Fortuna, CA
November 3, 2005 7:00 p.m. -- H.S.U. Museum, Arcata, CA
- Frogs! March 8, 2005. Ferndale Garden Club.
- Herps of Illinois with a few slides from Australia. February 24, 2005. San Diego Herpetological Society.
- History and mythology of holiday wreaths. November, 2003. Ferndale Garden Club.
- Hunting Dinosaurs in Wyoming. April, 2003. College of the Redwoods, K-T Campus.
- Wildflowers of Australia. February 11, 2003. Ferndale Garden Club.
- Casting Fossils. May 6, 2002. Ferndale Senior Girl Scouts.
- Rocks and Minerals. April 29, 2002. Ferndale Senior Girl Scouts.
- Hunting Dinosaurs in Wyoming. April 22, 2002. Ferndale Senior Girl Scouts.
- Surviving Wyoming. July 2001. Orientation walks and talks for "Stones and Bones" and "Advanced Paleontology" at Zerbst Ranch, Wyoming for Dr. Paul Sereno and Gabrielle Lyon.
- Reading the downtown landscape: walks and talks along Michigan Avenue. November 11, 2000
--"NConnects," NEIU and Von Steuben High School.
- Field trip to LaSalle Anticline. Junior Paleontologists, Project Exploration. July 13, 2000.
- Rocks of the World. Downtown Chicago. Chicago Teacher's Center, Project Exploration. June 13,
- Fossil-hunting in Kankakee. April 9, 2000. Sisters for Science, Project Exploration.
- Chicago's First Families: Life until 400 million years ago. January 22, 2000 Teacher's Workshop,
- Chicago's First Families: Life until 400 million years ago. January 9, 2000 Perihelion Conference Wild
20th Century Presentations
- Field trip to Kankakee State Park. July 1999. Junior Paleontologists, Project Exploration.
- Photography Festival at Bailiwick Theater, Chicago, IL. Twelve photographs on display from September
11 to 25, 1999.
- Reading the downtown landscape: walks and talks along Michigan Avenue. March 24, 1998--engineers and architects trade visiting tour from Dalien City, Peoples Republic of China.
- Reading the downtown landscape: walks and talks along Michigan Avenue. August 17, 1997--Field Museum of Natural History. November 2, 1997--Chicago Architecture Foundation Docents.
- Rocks & minerals for Weebelow Boy Scouts. Tekakwitha Nature Center, Kane Cty., November 16, 1996.
- Rocks and minerals in hand and in the field. Tekakwitha Nature Center, Kane County, October 19, 1996.
- Amphibians and reptiles around Chicago. Sierra Club, Park Forest Library, October 1, 1996.
- Herps of the Chicago region. Champaign Area Society of Herpetoculturists, Urbana, September 22, 1996.
- Geology of Northeastern Illinois. Midewin Tallgrass Prairie Alliance, May 29, 1996.
- Alden Sedge Meadow: Frogs and stewardship. The Nature Conservancy, April 27, 1996.
- Snakes, frogs, and toads of the Chicago region. Homewood Izaak Walton Preserve, March 28, 1996.
- Kane County amphibians. Tekakwitha Forest Preserve, Kane County, IL, March 12, 1996.
- End-Permian mass extinctions gradual not catastrophic. Geological Society of America, November 7,
and M.S. Thesis Defense, Earth Sciences, NEIU, November 11, 1995.
- Status and distribution of the Illinois chorus frog, Pseudacris streckeri illinoensis, in four counties in West-Central Illinois. Midwest Declining Amphibian Conference, September 10-12, 1994, Indiana
- Biology meets geology: The Parkland sand dependence of the Illinois Chorus Frog. Earth Science Seminar Series, Northeastern Illinois University, September 30, 1993.
- Status and distribution of the Illinois chorus frog, Pseudacris streckeri illinoensis, in four counties of West-Central Illinois, with Kenneth S. Mierzwa. Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles, 1993 Annual Meeting, August 7-12, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana.
- Advanced seminar on amphibian and reptile monitoring. June 19, 1993 Gorton Community Center, Lake Forest and field trip Middlefork Savanna. with Ken Mierzwa and Tom Anton.
- Illinois chorus frogs in your backyards. Beardstown High School, May, 1993.
- Amphibians and reptiles of the Chicago area. Thorn Creek Nature Preserve, March 10, 1993.
- Amphibians around Chicago. Marian Jordan Elementary school, February 1, 1993.
- Rangewide historic distribution of the eastern massasauga rattlesnake. Metro Toronto Zoo, First International Symposium and Workshop, May 8-9, 1992.
- Amphibians and reptiles around Chicago. Hubbard Woods School, Winnetka, April 25, 1992.
- Herpetology for educators. Fermilab, 1991-1993, several presentations.
- Masters of disguise in our own backyards. Rotary Club of Chicago, October 17, 1991.
- Surveying natural areas for reptiles and amphibians. The 10th Northern Illinois Prairie Workshop. March 2, 1991.
- Surveying for herps: Field methods. The Illinois Nature Conservancy and NPVNC, April 20, 1991.
- Salamander Safari field trip in the Palos Forest Preserves. Chicago Herpetological Society and The Nature Conservancy, April 7, 1991.